A delicious discovery expedition of the Greek kitchen!!
During the ‘Taste of Thessaloniki’ tour you will be using all your senses to get to know the Greek kitchen. Your enthusiastic tour leader can not wait to let you taste all the good stuff and tell you everything about the local habits. We walk through the city center and visit local shops, either immemorial or modern and a bit more luxurious. We introduce you to the proud owners of the family businesses and of course we’ll be visiting the central market!
What can you expect from this tour?
- Get to know the Greek breakfast habits and try some traditional koulouri Thessalonikis and bougatsa
- Get to know the taste and tradition around Greek coffee.
- Taste different sweets such as loukoumi
- Try different types of olives and learn how to use olive oil in Greek recipes
- Get to know different traditional Greek herbs and spices and learn how to use them in Greek meals
- We will end the tour with a lunch of different mezedes (small dishes that we share with each other)
After this tour you will be a real Greek foodie expert and you will be able to take advantage of this for the rest of your stay. Of course you will be given some insider tips for restaurants and meals you simply cannot leave out during your stay in Thessaloniki. At the end of the tour you will get different Greek recipes you can make yourself at home.
Would you rather go out with your own crew?
Our tours are accompanied by an English-speaking tour leader. We walk in groups of maximum ten participants. Would you rather be only walking with your friends and family? Next to our daily group tour there’s also the possibility to book a private culinary tour. You can decide what time you’d like to start. Furthermore you can let us know about your preferences and interests so we can customize the tour for you.
65,- EUR pp from (at least 2 participants)
Private tour from 75,- EUR pp (at least 4 participants)
Irodou Attikou 23
Monday to Friday at 13.30 (reservation necessary)
Enthusiastic English-speaking tour leader, expansive variety of tastings